The Prince of Darkness is thirsting for revenge
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is the second and major part of the reboot of action-adventure Castlevania saga after Castlevania: Mirror of Fate. This game continues the new story as developed by MercurySteam and published by Konami for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in physical and downloadable formats. This time, Dracula is the main character. The game has a strong story, in every sense of the word, and for the first time in the whole series a modern environment.
The events drive Gabriel Belmont, (one of the original Belmonts from the Brotherhood of Light) to become the most feared creature of humankind, the vampire Dracula. But this time, he is not as powerful as he should be and needs to recover powers to release chaos once more. This installments of Castlevania moves away from the acclaimed Metroidvania style, now focused on action-adventure gameplay with more exploration available.
The game is now focused on action-adventure gameplay with more exploration
Characters from the first installment are back such as Zobek and Carmilla, who serve the Prince of Darkness, along with new ones such as Alucard, formerly Trevor Belmont, the son of Gabriel. The plot brings us to face the return of Satan and his hordes, the new menace to fight. For this, Gabriel will have to renounce to his immortality, paying the price to reacquire and release his dark power.
The game features a new open-world in which you will be free to explore the new stages that are available, such as the old castle and the modern-day city. In order to make you feel the liberty of the city, it encourages you to follow a non-linear development by visiting previous places to obtain hidden items and different objectives to maintain variety in the gameplay.
The battle system has been polished to add vampiric skills to the suite of original abilities. Dark magic is now more powerful than ever, and you will have different equipment at your disposal such as the Chaos Gauntlets and the classic Castlevania whip. You will need to have all your weapons ready because it is not enough to pitch the Prince of Darkness against Satan’s army of dreadful creatures.
Here are the unique features of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2:
- Experience the ultimate power of the Prince of Darkness with his revamped magic and skills against the hordes of Satan
- New and old characters such as Zobek and Alucard are present in the game to help or perhaps defeat you
- New open-world environments for exploring the whole new world after Dracula slept for centuries
- Enhanced graphical aspect thanks to the polished MercurySteam Engine that recreates impressive stages and detailed characters
- Variety of gameplay in which you can release all your power against your enemies or take the stealth path
If you want to check additional information about the game before the download, you are free to visit its official website via this
These are the requirements your PC needs to run Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2:
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or later
- Processor: Intel model Core 2 Duo at 2.4GHz or faster
- Video Card:
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- HDD: 15 GB free space on disk and additional space for the download
- DirectX 9 previously installed